okay listen i love this idea and i love this list like W O W OKAY. I definitely dont think i could fit all those into one character, but im getting the vibe of two who are somehow related like cousins or something? but yeah also like the first thing that popped into my head was a connection between
as like this horrible backstory wherein someone close to them or something died in a car crash so they reflexively check the news to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and goes to the woods in the spring because the crash happened in spring and they need to get away from the memory of it like wow I’m really into angst apparently??? but yeah
BUT then theres also some fun stuff (yay its about time) where the trips to the woods are a Dolly Parton fan club where a bunch of people sit around the campfire singing her songs and thats why the character denies disapearing - bc if they reveal the T R U T H (gasp oh no) then they’ll have to fist fight the person asking bc of number 3
anyway for my list i guess ill do these:
- is the kind of person who would drink salty coffee with a deadpan stare if someone was trying to prank them by switching out the sugar
- but the catch? they would also accidentally choke and start coughing and it goes everywhere
- has a congenital insensitivity to pain (aka they cant feel pain like at all) and is therefore terrified to do anything bc they don’t know if they’ll push their body too much.
- speaks enough languages that it scares their friends. Tourists who don’t speak this characters native language will come up to ask for directions and they’ll just break out into the tourists language fluently with no hesitation and their friends have no clue where the character had the time to learn them all
- loves soft, fluffy robes. Like seriously, they have four in their room alone.
- “But why do you have so many?” says the exasperated friend.
- “I think the better question,” they reply, bundled up wearing two at once, “Is why don’t you?”
- pretended that they dyed their hair religiously from the day they turned five, making people who have known them for over ten years question everything they know.
- “Yeah I’m totally a redhead.”
- “Wait- you are?”
- “… Yes.”
- “Wow I had no clue. I always thought you naturally had brown hair.”
- “oh my god.”
- OR alternatively - dyes their hair so often between plausible natural colors that no one even knows anymore what it actually is
- always starts walking with their left foot first
- hates going first in anything and everything, whether it be making the first move in a board game to winning the first place medal at a competition
- Can make a realistic elephant sound (no one ever realizes its because the character plays a brass instrument)
Thanks for this!!! It was a lot of fun